Meles meles

Photograph by Sarah Boosey.

P6270008_Badger_doctored_600.JPG

Meles meles – European badger, England, 2010.

These guys have attitude, don’t they?

Their attitude is to make up for their lack of altitude.

Henry J said:

Their attitude is to make up for their lack of altitude.

A friend of mine’s son was (for a short time) employed at a UK hospital (Selly Oak, for those who appreciate the significance) as a doctor on casualty. A patient was admitted with severe wounds that required plastic surgery. Cause: …

“savaged by badger!!!”

Usually all the badgering we get on the PT is by creationists:

“Show me a step-by-step hypothetical evolutionary pathway to x”

Does it count if your infinite set of monkeys with typewriters comes up with the text of The Wind in the Willows instead of the text of Hamlet, or does it have to be the right kind of mustelid?

Methinks it is like a badger?

Kevin B said:

Methinks it is like a badger?

Not interested in matching your pathetic level of detail!

Unless of course it creates a new tale, “The Wind in William Dembski”

Karen S. said:

Unless of course it creates a new tale, “The Wind in William Dembski”

I smell a bestseller here along the lines of “Harry Potter” or “Angela’s Ashes”. LOL!!!!

Badgers! We don’t need no stinkin’ Badgers!

(You know someone had to post that eventually. I just figured I’d get it over with.)

Check this out:

It’s been around for at least a decade.

stevaroni said:

Badgers! We don’t need no stinkin’ Badgers!

I so wish I’d thought of that first …

SWT said:

stevaroni said:

Badgers! We don’t need no stinkin’ Badgers!

I so wish I’d thought of that first …

That same thought crossed my mind.

And then it occurred to me, “Wolverines; what am I thinking?”

John Kwok said:

Karen S. said:

Unless of course it creates a new tale, “The Wind in William Dembski”

Are you dropping hints of a shocking revelation as to how the sound effects on the notorious post-Dover “flatulent” video were produced?

Kevin B said:

John Kwok said:

Karen S. said:

Unless of course it creates a new tale, “The Wind in William Dembski”

Sorry Kevin B, but I can’t claim credit. I think Karen S. is the one worthy of that. I suspect she’s onto something here.

John Kwok said:

Kevin B said:

John Kwok said:

Karen S. said:

Unless of course it creates a new tale, “The Wind in William Dembski”

Thou forgetest that “you” is originally a plural form. Any case, ’twas thou that first mentioned the smell.….

Kevin B said:

John Kwok said:

Kevin B said:

John Kwok said:

Karen S. said:

Unless of course it creates a new tale, “The Wind in William Dembski”

My use of “smelled” was a figure of speech. I wasn’t thinking of Dembski’s post-Dover infantile response.

Dale Husband said:

Check this out:

It’s been around for at least a decade.

Meles meles Meles meles Meles meles Meles meles Meles meles Meles meles Meles meles Meles meles Meles meles Meles meles Meles meles Meles meles
Amanita muscaria, Amanita muscaria!

John Kwok said:

Kevin B said:

John Kwok said:

Kevin B said:

John Kwok said:

Karen S. said:

Unless of course it creates a new tale, “The Wind in William Dembski”

Of course, it’s possible that double-Dr Toad’s comment when he encounters the motor-car is a double-entendre.

And was that badgerbadgerbadger thing dreamt up by an infinite set of hominids full of hallucinogenic mushrooms?

Limeys with Flash and a synthesizer. So same thing.

Can’t wait for the recap of Mathgrrl’s efforts on UD next week.

While it is somewhat off topic, I thought I would just post my best wishes to the man who was born Reg Dwight sixty four years ago in England, and who, tonight, will be celebrating it in his latest concert before devoted fans in Philadelphia. For those who don’t know whom I am talking about, you’ll recognize him, Captain Fantastic, for his hits; “Your Song”, “Rocket Man”, “Candle in the Wind”, “Don’t Let the Sun Go Down on Me”, “I Guess Why They Call it the Blues”, “Sad Songs (Say So Much”, “The One”, and many, many, more.

Tory Burch have been Keeping on its own unique personality, and that makes Tory Burch shoes outstanding and loved by most of the trendy ladies.Tory Burch outlet are the best sellers in seasons, you want to be outstanding and enjoy elegance and modern? Hurry up! Hot Tory Burch sale online with various gorgeous Tory Burch shoes.

This page contains a single entry by Matt Young published on March 21, 2011 12:00 PM.

Crucifixes allowed in European state schools was the previous entry in this blog.

This Week in Intelligent Design - 22/03/11 is the next entry in this blog.