Freethought Blog Network Startup

PZ Myers, Ed Brayton, The Digital Cuttlefish, Chris Rodda, and DarkSyde are starting a blog network called FreethoughtBlogs.com. It’ll open August 1, tomorrow. From the comments on the Facebook announcement of the opening it looks like Ophelia Benson will be joining it soon, too.

RBH -

Just to add that for anyone who is interested, Ed Brayton is the one primarily responible for organizing this move. If Benson intends to join, I wonder whether Larry Moran might sign up too.

Looks like they are using Wordpress. Good for them!

Apparently Pharyngula will still be up at Science Blogs in a more “sanitized” version; the version at FreeThoughtsBlog.com will be the unadultered one that PZ’s devoted fans have come to expect.

The big catch is the Digital Cuttlefish. So brilliant.

They’re still having teething problems over there.

SLC said:

They’re still having teething problems over there.

According to Ed their hosting service is unexpectedly throttling CPU cycles on them.

John said:

Then it should have a different name. Truth in Advertising, you know? And you want to bet he has already banned you from the new version?

I find the pairing of Brayron and Myers very strange.

I hope my free thoughts will be allowed.

Gary_Hurd said:

I find the pairing of Brayron and Myers very strange.

The buried the hatchet several years ago and are now pals.

SLC said:

Gary_Hurd said:

I find the pairing of Brayron and Myers very strange.

The buried the hatchet several years ago and are now pals.

Creepy.

circleh said:

John said:

Dale, do you honestly think I care? Anyway, a couple of his deluded fans were asking me about my camera demand from PZ at a FB event page announcing the launch which Ed had created. In reply I told them that they owe me expensive Leica rangefinder camera equipment - NOT PZ - and that they should donate lavishly to a nonprofit organization that is in the midst of raising a multi-million dollar endowment for my high school alma mater (One of them got the hint immediately; the other had to be reminded twice.

Gary_Hurd said:

SLC said:

Gary_Hurd said:

I find the pairing of Brayron and Myers very strange.

The buried the hatchet several years ago and are now pals.

Creepy.

I wonder how long this alliance will last since Ed has been a supporter of Francis Beckwith, who is a mutual friend of ours over at Facebook (Beckwith asked to me my friend and I said yes with the understanding that I’d support Barbara Forrest if their dispute persists.).

This page contains a single entry by Richard B. Hoppe published on July 31, 2011 6:38 PM.

Design and falsifiability was the previous entry in this blog.

More toxic fallout from the Tea Party is the next entry in this blog.