The best take on the alleged Siberian mammoth sighting

…is probably this one.

…and that’s a Bigfoot riding on its back.

It’s pretty obviously a bear carrying a fish.

…and that’s a Bigfoot riding on its back.

It’s pretty obviously a bear carrying a fish.

Paul Burnett said:

Oops…sorry.

Such a good observation was worth mentioning twice although it could be a fish biting a bear on the nose.

I wish they were around. As a creationist I see the last of them dying out about 1500BC or so. Due to weather and minor human predation finishing off the rest. I have heard mammoths being claimed to be seen in the 1500’s in Siberia. Sadly its unlikely.

Do you ever have any REASONS for these pronouncements, other than “as a creationist…”?

Just Bob said:

He’s a brain damaged Idiot For Jesus.

Robert Byers said: I have heard mammoths being claimed to be seen in the 1500’s in Siberia. Sadly its unlikely.

As an evilutionist the same thing happened to me the other day. A mammoth told me he had been spotted in Siberia 500 years ago. Like you, I didn’t believe him either as I suspected him of being a bear with a fish.

Roger said:

Thank you, Roger. This just made me squirt coffee out of my nose. A bit worryingly, since I haven’t drunk any coffee.

Just Bob said:

Its from study and biblical boundaries. The mammoths are elephants that quickly adapted to new conditions. these new conditions were after the flood and after the original tropical nature which allowed rapid colonization and adaptation. Then it later got cold and this lasted a few centuries and so then the last mammoths were killed off. So about 1500 BC seems right or a bit later.

This is your brain on fundamentalist religion, folks. Study - by which Byers means accessing crackpot websites - and ‘biblical boundaries’, of which there are none.

Keep playing the loony tunes, Byers. People are laughing.

Robert Byers said:

Just Bob said:

Umm… by “reasons” I mean evidence, not cobbling up a story to fit the “boundaries” of the myth. What EVIDENCE do you have that “mammoths are elephants that quickly adapted to new conditions”?

Just Bob said:

Robert Byers said:

Just Bob said:

He has none. He just pulls nonsense out of his butt, and genuinely expects us to be genuinely impressed by his self-declared authority.

Robert Byers said:

I heard he had a jockey on his back - an oddly pale skinned Palestinian wearing a spikey hat asking, “where’s the rapture at…?” and apologising for being late.

A small, isolated, island population of pygmy mammoths apparently did survive into what were, in vastly different geographical areas, early historical times. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wrange[…]na_and_flora

Obviously this does not support creationism; in fact, it is in conflict with creationist dating of Noah’s flood http://www.answersingenesis.org/art[…]-noahs-flood

harold said:

This fits fine with creationist models. They did indeed outlast the others but only because they adapted to a smaller size. In fact they probably just lasted a century or two more. About 1400BC. Theie bones are laying about and so they can’t get wrong the dates in this case. Its a famous case and wiki will talk about it.

Robert Byers said:

harold said:

No it does not fit with creationist models: nothing in the Bible ever said anything about elephants escaping from the Ark to magically hyperevolve into mammoths in less than a thousand years.

If you think otherwise, please present evidence.

Oh, wait, you can not present evidence because you lack the necessary brain power and honesty to do so.

This page contains a single entry by Timothy Sandefur published on February 8, 2012 2:42 PM.

Freshwater: The role of the appeals court was the previous entry in this blog.

Selective bird predation on the peppered moth: the last experiment of Michael Majerus is the next entry in this blog.