Vaccinium sp.

IMG_3072Cranberries_600.JPG

Vaccinium sp. – cranberry.

Yummy! Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Saucy little things, aren’t they?

You know how they harvest cranberries, right? Better check the vineyards to see if the soil replicates the geological column in miniature.

What came first, cranberries. blueberries, or a different common ancestor?

KlausH said:

What came first, cranberries. blueberries, or a different common ancestor?

If cranberries evolved from blueberries, how come there are still blueberries? (or vice versa)

Checkmate, evilutionists.

Sinjari said:

Checkmate, evilutionists.

I always reply “If Americans came from Europeans, then why are there still Europeans?”

stevaroni said:

Sinjari said:

Checkmate, evilutionists.

That’s the most common version I’ve heard. I’m Canadian, so I’m particular to, “If bacon comes from pigs, why are there still pigs?” It’s not a perfect analogy, but those making the original argument are usually too slow to notice anyway :-)

Without pigs, there would be no way to bring home the bacon!

Were cranberries on the ark?

Were cranberries on the ark?

Of course! They’d need them for when they eat the turkeys on Thanksgiving. (Isn’t that in the KJV?)

Well then, I hope they had plenty of sugar with them.

Karen S. said:

Were cranberries on the ark?

Of course. They go perfectly with roast dinosaur.

Kevin B said:

Of course. They go perfectly with roast dinosaur.

A timely observation, especially seeing as how, here in the States, we just had National Dinosaur Dissection Day.

Kevin B said:

Karen S. said:

Were cranberries on the ark?

Of course. They go perfectly with roast dinosaur.

I’ve heard Deinonychus makes FANTASTIC stuffing.

Well then, I hope they had plenty of sugar with them.

Cranberries were sweet before the Fall – all they had to do was dry them. And get to them before the T. rex did.

Matt Young said:

Well then, I hope they had plenty of sugar with them.

I thought tyrannosaurids only preyed on coconuts before the Fall, as Ken Ham alleged God having said so.

Cranberries were sweet before the Fall

Then why was sugar still sweet after the fall?

Maybe the sugar didn’t fall quite as far as the cranberries?

My version of “Why are there still Monkeys”:

Dave

apokryltaros said:

This is true.

But little known is the fact that the coconuts back then stood 10 feet tall and had spiked tails and teeth the size of steak knives.

Strange place, the Garden…

This page contains a single entry by Matt Young published on November 22, 2012 12:00 PM.

Xylocopa virginica was the previous entry in this blog.

Exploring Evolution is the next entry in this blog.